Join The Paw Squad®
We are always looking for mature, professional and trustworthy pet loving people to join our team. Our qualifications are very specific -- we are only looking for permanent full-time commitments.
Pet sitting and dog walking offers a wonderful opportunity to spend time with a variety of animals. The schedules are flexible with planned time off. You get plenty of outdoor exercise while earning great pay. The animals lavish you with their love and affection and the work is fun. Our sitters love what they do and find pet sitting very rewarding.
Availability is crucial to this position. You must be available for the following:
Pet sitting visits generally occur in early morning (7-9am) and early-late evenings (5-10pm) along with weekends. They can include overnight work in a client's home. Dog Walking involves typically working from late morning (10 am) through late afternoon (4 pm). We look for people who can fulfill both of our service types. Assignments can include all seven days of the week and occasional/rotational major holiday availability is essential.
- Have experience caring for a variety of pets AS AN ADULT including a dog of 50 lbs +
- Are punctual, organized, proficient in written and verbal English and can follow detailed instructions
- Are a mature, professional adult aged 21 years or older
- Own a reliable, insured vehicle and be willing to drive an average of 1.5-2.5 hours per day
- Have a cell phone (SMS/MMS capabilities a must) as well as have access to the internet and a printer IN YOUR HOME
- Can provide excellent personal and work related references
- Are willing to work Mon-Sun, holidays and the hours we set forth in our service contract
- Have a clean driving record and can pass a formal background check including a urine drug test
- Live within our service area
- Be pet CPR or first aid certified (or be willing to get certified)
- Be able to be critiqued without taking offense
- Be willing to sign a non-compete and/or non-solicit agreement covering a period of one year after working with us
- Be a team player and able to work on your own efficiently
Some of the services you are required to perform
- Feed and water pets at scheduled times
- Administer medication including being able or willing to learn to give injections
- Exercise, play with and brush pets
- Pick up after pets including cleaning up occasional pet messes
- Daily dog walks (rain or shine)
- Overnight sitting
- Pet transport to and from veterinarian or groomer
- Bring in clients' mail, flyers, newspapers and packages
- Alternate lights and blinds; check on overall security of home
- Water plants, roll out or in trash/recycle bins
Having a strong character and being detail oriented is critical to this position, as our clients' trust us with a great responsibility. You also must be proficient in managing your time on a daily basis. This job is not for everyone and should be carefully considered. We require you to spend multiple hours with a current sitter to get a feel for the job before we make a commitment. We are looking for people who not only have a passion for animals, but are continually educating themselves in animal care. Even though you will be dealing mostly with animals at times you will have to put on your best face to interact with their humans as well.
If you meet or exceed these qualifications, please contact us at either firstname.lastname@example.org or at (914)-458-4181. If we have an opening in your area and your qualifications match our criteria, then we will contact you. If you do not hear from us right away, it may mean that we do not currently have a position open in your area. We will keep your application on file for six months. We hope to be adding you to our Pets a Go Go ™ team in the near future.
Click here to download the application